Download you copy of the Club Rules by Clicking Here
MORRIS ENTHUSIASTS CAR CLUB OF NEW ZEALAND INCORPORATED RULES
1.NAME The name of the club shall be “The Morris Enthusiasts Car Club of New Zealand Incorporated”.
2.REGISTERED OFFICE The registered office shall be the address of the Secretary in office.
3.COMMON SEAL The Club’s common seal shall be kept by the Secretary and affixed to any document requiring same. One Executive Member and one Committee Member shall witness and sign every document to which the seal is affixed.
4.OBJECTS To assist, advise and advance the interests of all members in the preservation, restoration and maintenance of Morris vehicles.
5.MEMBERSHIP Membership of the Club shall be open to the owners and enthusiasts of vehicles designed and manufactured by the Nuffield organisation and its derivatives, including all models of Morris, Riley, M.G. and Wolseley. Every member shall communicate to the Secretary any change of address and all notices posted to the last notified address shall be valid and deemed to have been given on the following date of posting. Members may resign by giving notice in writing to the Secretary. There shall be three classes of membership; Ordinary Members, Associate Members and Honorary Members. Associate Members shall be the spouse, partner or close friend of financial Ordinary Members and shall have all rights, privileges and obligations of Ordinary Members, except that Associate Members will not receive separate copies of the Club’s newsletter. A General Meeting may decide by resolution to confer Honorary Membership on any member of the Club who, in the opinion of the meeting, has given distinguished service to the Club. Honorary Members shall be entitled to all rights and privileges of Ordinary Members, but shall be exempt from payments of any subscription.
6. SUBSCRIPTION The annual subscription for Ordinary and Associate Members shall be such as may be fixed from time to time by the Club at an Annual General Meeting. The Club’s financial year shall be from 1st June to 31st May. The annual subscription shall be payable at the time of acceptance of the new member, and subscriptions of members joining the Club during the financial year shall be valid until 30th June. There after subscriptions shall be due annually from 1st July. Any member failing to pay a subscription by 20th July shall be deemed to be unfinancial and shall not be entitled to any privileges of membership.
7.SUSPENSION, DISQUALIFICATION OR EXPLUSION OF MEMBERS If the conduct of any member shall, in the opinion of the Committee, be injurious to interests of, or bring discredit to the Club, the Committee may deal with the member as follows:- The Committee shall give not less than fourteen days notice to the member to attend a meeting of the Committee at which the matters alleged will be explained to the member who shall have the right to reply and offer any explanations. After hearing any statement made by the member or his/her representative, the Committee may take any of the following actions:-
• Suspend the member from membership for whatever period the Committee decides.
• Disqualify the member from participation in any Club events for whatever period the Committee decides.
• Expel the member from the Club.
A member who is suspended, disqualified or expelled under this clause shall have the right to appeal to a General Meeting, which shall have the power to confirm, vary or reverse the decision of the Committee. No person who, for any reason ceases to be a member of the Club, shall have any claim against the Club for refund of the part of any subscription paid to the Club.
8.GENERAL MEETINGS Annual General Meetings shall be held not later than 31st August each year on a day and time appointed by the Committee. Special General Meetings may be called by the Committee, or by requisition signed by not less than fifteen financial members and addressed to the Secretary. At all General Meetings fifteen members shall constitute a quorum. Twenty one days notice of all General Meetings shall be given in writing to each member. Any proposal to alter rates of subscription, amend or rescind these rules, or dissolve the Club, shall be decided at a General Meeting, and twenty one days notice of any such proposals shall be given to each Member.
9. VOTING At any General Meeting only financial members shall be entitled to vote. Voting at all Meetings shall be by show of hands, or by secret ballot if requested and agreed by the Chairperson of the meeting. The Chairperson shall have a casting as well as a deliberate vote. Postal voting shall apply for all members living outside a seventy kilometre radius of the venue. All votes shall be decided by simple majority.
10. AUDITOR An Auditor shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
11. EXECUTIVE The Executive shall consist of the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Club Captain, who shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
12. COMMITTEE The Committee shall consist of the Executive and six other members who shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting. The Committee shall manage the affairs of the Club, and shall decide all matters not required to be decided by General Meetings. Five members of the Committee shall constitute a quorum. The Committee may co-opt additional members who shall be entitled to vote at meetings of the Committee.
13. ELECTION OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE All members of the Executive and Committee shall be eligible for re-election at each Annual General Meeting. All nominees for the Executive must have been current Club members for not less than one year. Nominations in writing must be in the hands of the Secretary not less than 24 hours prior to the time of the Annual General Meeting. If insufficient nominations are received nominations may be made by those present at the meeting.
14. SECRETARY The Secretary shall – • Record the minutes of meetings. • Prepare and despatch all notices and correspondence. • Preserve all Club records. • Attend to all matters as the Committee may require.
15. TREASURER The Treasurer shall- • Receive all monies on account to the Club and deposit same in such bank accounts as the Committee may direct. • Keep financial records as required by the Committee. • Prepare and produce an audited statement of receipts and payments for the Club at the Annual General Meeting. • Render to the Auditor or the Committee, as required, a correct account of all monies received and paid. • Club bank accounts may be opened by any two members of the Executive.
16. TROPHIES All Club trophies shall remain the property of the Club and be held as directed by the Committee.
17. RULES These rules may be amended or rescinded by a General Meeting in accordance with Rule 8 of these rules. No amendment of these rules shall be brought into force until it has been duly registered with the Registrar of Incorporated Societies. Provided also that no such amendment or variation shall have the effect of altering the non-profit nature of the Club.
18. DISSOLUTION The Club may be dissolved in accordance with the provisions of Section 24 of the Incorporated Societies Act 1908.
19. DISTRIBUTION OF ASSETS Notwithstanding any other rule, the Club is prohibited from making any distribution, whether by way of money, property or otherwise to any member of the Club